Voiding Citations and Warnings
IMPORTANT: IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT IF ONE CITATION NEEDS TO BE VOIDED THAT ALL CITATIONS ISSUED IN A STOP BE VOIDED AND NEW REPORTS ARE CREATED.
NOTE: Citations and Warnings only need to be voided if they have received a complaint number. If the report that you wish to eliminate has NOT received a complaint number, it can be Deleted.
The following are procedures for Void:
- Before the citation or warning has been printed:
- Click on the ‘Void’ box at the upper right of the citation entry screen OR
- On the ‘Quick Print’ summary screen, click on the citation to select it and check the ‘Void Selected Citation’ box.
- After the citation has been printed, but before it has been sent:
- Void the citation using one of the steps above.
- Write ‘VOIDED IN CAR’ on the printed copy for Records so they’ll know the citation has been voided in the car and will not be eligible be transmitted. They do not need to take any action.
- Note: You may void a printed citation, but you may not change a printed citation.
- After the citation has been sent:
- You cannot void a citation that has been sent.
- It must be voided on the Report Beam Server application.
- Write a note on the Records copy requesting them to void the citation.
If you were not able to solve your issue, create a trouble ticket by clicking here.