A ReportBeam user can determine that they are properly using the ReportBeam application by performing a quick visual check of the following:
1 - Upon completion of a stop, after the offender has been issued their paperwork and the officer has completed their notes and TSSS report, all citations for that stop should be sent to the server by using the "Send All" button near the top of the ReportBeam application screen. The items will then be moved from Drafts to the Outbox and then if the workstation is properly communicating with the ReportBeam server, the citation count in the Outbox will slowly decrease until all citation data has been sent and the citations have been moved to the Recents folder
2 - There should not be any items in the Drafts folder when the user ends their shift. Any items remaining in the Drafts folder should be handled as follows:
- If the item in the Drafts folder has a citation number, the item should be printed and then VOIDED and sent to the server. The printed copy should be marked to inform records that this document was VOIDED. (See ???)
- If the item in the Drafts folder DOES NOT have a citation number, right-click on the item and select 'Delete'.
3 - There should not be any items in the Outbox folder when the user ends their shift. Any items remaining in the Outbox should be handled as follows:
- Hit the Send All button.
- If no errors are reported, wait until the Outbox has no more items
- If errors are reported, handle these errors using suggested methods that can be found on this website.
- Make note of the citation number(s) remaining in the Outbox and report these to your records department.